For a full list of State Championship Results please CLICK HERE
Outstanding Results were achieved by the Ku-ring-gai athletes competing at State Championships last weekend.
Ku-ring-gai Athletes attained 11 Gold medals, 15 Silver medals and 10 Bronze medals. In addition we had another 35 top 8 performances. To cap off these excellent results, we have 3 athletes selected in the LANSW State Team to compete at the Australian Little Athletics Championships 22 and 23 April, here in Sydney. Those athletes are – Jessica Maciver (U13G), Riley Hemsworth (U13B) and Jack McFadden (U15B)
Summer competition at Bannockburn Oval has concluded for the season
Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics Centre Inc.
Cross Country Season 2017
When and Where Our Cross Country season starts on Sunday 21st May 2017 and, with the exception of the day of the LANSW Cross Country Championships, will be held every Sunday until 6th August 2017.
On the first day events will start at 3.30pm at Bannockburn Oval, Bannockburn Road, Pymble.
After the first day events will start at 3.15pm.
Registrations On the first day Little Athletes can register from 2.30pm.
Course Orientation for runners and parents will start at 3.00pm
Winter season Fees KLAC 2016/2017 registered Little Athletes $10 by cheque or cash.
Unregistered new KLAC LAs must first register via the LANSW web site and pay on line the LANSW registration fee $58 then
a further $10 by cheque or cash to KLAC at Bannockburn Oval
LAs registered at other Centres $10 by cheque or cash.
Other unregistered LAs must first register through their home Centre.
Distances U6 525 metres
U7 and U8 825 metres
U9 and U10 1687 metres
U11 to U14 2280 metres
U15, U17 and Open 2280 metres
Parents may participate in the Open event at their own risk.
An informal event for younger siblings will be held at the parents’ risk.
More Information Is available from:-
Paul Duffell on 9449 4831 or email@example.com and
Jason McIntosh on 0419 747 320
AGM of Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics Centre Inc.
As notified in the Information Handbook our 2016/2017 AGM is to take place on Sunday 7th May 2017 from 3.00pm at the Lindfield Sports Club, Highfield Road, Lindfield. Membership of the Centre includes our Executive Committee, Life Members of the Centre and all parents of children presently registered with Ku-ring-gai Little Athletic Centre. At the AGM we hold our Centre elections and approve our accounts but there are also likely to be important matters about which we believe our families should have the chance to present their views.
Our Constitution requires that nominations for Executive Committee positions be called for not less than 42 days prior to the AGM, that is Sunday 26th March. Contact for many parents is much reduced once our season ends on Saturday 11th March so all parents are requested to accept
this as the call for Nominations and Notices of Motion and if further information is required seek it from the President or any existing office holder within the next two weeks.
Please note the following significant dates:-
Sunday 9th April – Notice of Motions must be lodged with the Centre by this date.
Sunday 16th April – Notice of AGM including Agenda and Motions will be issued.
Sunday 30th April – Nominations must be lodged with the Centre by this date.
Our Executive Committee for 2017/2018 will be as follows:-
ii) Vice President
vi) No more than 15 General Committee Members.
- Positions i) to v) above are the Executive of the Centre. No Committee Member shall be permitted to hold more than one Executive position concurrently, although a person may hold an Executive position and a General Committee Member position at the same time.
- Duties of each Executive can be seen in our Constitution that can be located via the home page of our web site www.klac.org.au.
- Most General Committee Members take responsibility for a portfolio but some General Committee members can be appointed without attachment to a specific portfolio.
- Duties within each portfolio are currently being finalised. The names of the portfolios as currently listed in the Information Handbook and on the web site are mostly self-explanatory and unlikely to be much changed but more detailed information can be obtained from the President.
Other matters to note:-
Nominations – Must be:-
- In writing.
- Signed by two individual Members over the age of 18.
- Certified by the nominee (who must be a Member) expressing his or her willingness to accept the position for which he or she is nominated.
- Delivered to the Centre not less than seven days before the date fixed for the AGM.
- Nomination forms can be obtained from our Secretary Ann Wilkinson firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Duffell email@example.com