KLAC Awards and Scholarships
Achievement awards are designed to encourage Little Athletes to compete and improve their performances in a range of events rather than specialising in one or two.
The Achievement Levels tables contain standards (times and distances) for each event and age group. There are separate tables for boys and girls with four levels of standard ranging from green (easiest) to blue (most difficult).
Click Here for a PDF version of the Achievement Levels Chart
Click here for a PDF version of the Achievement Levels Sheet to print and complete.
Each week, athletes check the performances against the Achievement Levels table. If their performance equals or betters a particular level, then they have achieved that level. Write the date and performance (time or distance) on the Achievement Levels sheet found Here Write in the box opposite the event and in the appropriate colour column. Then colour in the box with that colour. Athletes must earn the green award before the yellow, and so on.
To be eligible for an Achievement Level Award, athletes must have recorded performances to that level in a minimum number of events. Click here to download a PDF file containing the minimum events.
If you think you have qualified for an Achievement Award, Hand in your completed form to your Age Manager for assessment. The Award is a colour patch for sewing onto the T-shirt.
Gold Award – This award recognises high all-round achievement. To earn this badge, an athlete must record performances to the red standard in the number of events shown in the achievement level table.
Athlete’s results are recorded on ResultsHQ each week and can be viewed through the family log in on the KLAC website.
Athletes earn one point for each event in which they participate – up to a maximum of six points per Saturday. They also earn one point for each Saturday attended. Points are also earned for wet days.
Athletes earning 700 points or higher are recognised at the Presentation Night, and athletes earning the maximum 900 points are listed on the Honour Board.
John Antill Scholarship
John Antill was the President of the Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics Centre from May 1996 to October 1997. His involvement with Ku-ring-gai Little A’s spanned almost 9 years, with strong links back to a successful career during his school and university days.
His sudden death at Bannockburn Oval during Little Athletics activities on Saturday, 25th October, 1997, was a shock to all and a great loss to Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics, to which he had given so much.
In his memory, a Scholarship Fund was set up. Many people have given very generously to this fund, and further contributions can be made through the Treasurer.
The Scholarship will provide a cash contribution to selected athletes each year.
Selection and Conditions of Award
- The Scholarship will be awarded annually and will be held for one year only. The funds must be applied to further the athlete’s career during the current Little Athletics season.
- All registered Ku-ring-gai Little Athletes are eligible, but should have been members of the Centre for at least two years. Hence preference will normally be given to athletes in older age groups.
- The Scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance with athletics training, costs incurred in attending competitions and to help with the provision of essential or specialised equipment.
- The award of the Scholarship to an athlete is separate to any contribution the Centre may make to an athlete selected to represent NSW in either the Trans Tasman Challenge or the Australian Teams Championships.
- The Antill Scholarship may be awarded to the same person in more than one year, but the judging panel would take prior awards into consideration.
- The selection panel will comprise a minimum of three members of the Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics Executive, Past Presidents and Life Members, but will specifically exclude any parent of a nominated athlete.
It is possible that no Scholarships will be awarded in any one year.
Nomination of athletes can be made by anyone. Relevant information and comments to support the nomination may be included. Please use the form found HERE
As the Scholarship is intended for use during the current season, nominations must be lodged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday 7 October 2017. The Scholarship holder/s will be announced on Saturday 28 October 2017.